Tuesday, April 30, 2013

up
they rose
in a flutter of wings
the blue jay
and cardinal
like riding together in
a pneumatic tube
without a cylinder
like
beam me up
in a suction cup, scotty!
with nobody at the controls

a leaf fell to the ground

i painted a picture
of no one i knew
then he drove by in a truck
looked me in the eye
as I walked down the street
hey mister! hey!
wait!
i waved my arm
he kept driving away
my footsteps faster
the truck growing smaller... .
bye bye so long.
i live in the oh
so slow lane

2 comments:

  1. Truck disappearing. "I live in the oh so slow lane"

    You have hit upon an archetype. "Being the only one left out". "Being the only group left out". There they go (having an adventure), but I'm (among those) left behind.
    Woody Allen has a movie where he's on the wrong train, the good one is on the next track where everyone is chic and partying. [of course the movie veers.]

    I always wanted to write such a scene, but others have done it too well. (They got all the fun... and left me behind.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep.
    then there are some adventures where we're lucky to be left behind!

    ReplyDelete